Thursday, April 19, 2007

An Award wining Sri Lankan web site

First Readers must understand that I am not a political supporter, but an interested blogger on Sri Lankan web site.

Recently I visit www.milinda.org which is a Sri Lankan official web site of Hon. Minister Milinda Moragoda. It was recently awarded with an international award for its integrity & informative nature. Although I am not interested and I have no awareness of his politics, I highly appreciate his approach. I was delighted when I came across with his motto “Lets us realize our dreams through dedication”.

According to sources there are more than 300,000 internet users in Sri Lanka. But because of cheap internet cafes this number definitely should be higher than this value. So politician, businessmen, lawyers, doctors, engineers, university students … etc can share their thoughts & experiences with most of Srilankans over internet very easily. This will lift our country to higher physiological situation where new thoughts, concepts, ideas, values are being shared with each other.

There are many blog sites & free or very cheap web hosters on Internet. So writing a blog or publishing a web site is not a rocket science now. So let us share our thoughts, concepts, ideas, values to build a developed Srilankan nation in near future.

No comments: